21.7.15

FRIENDSHIP










It was with nervous excitement that I met one of my favourite blogging and IG friends, Polly, last week. It's such a surreal thing meeting up with people who you feel you know so well (we've been online friends for years) despite the fact this is the first time you've seen each other in real life. I've been lucky enough to convert online friendships into real life friendships a few times now, and it's one of the reasons I love the little community I've built myself through the crazy world of social media.

As soon as Polly and I met, any nerves melted away and we chatted as if we had known each other for years. She is sweet and funny and cool and inspiring and so supportive and it was lovely to watch our three year olds play so happily together.

I think we could have chatted for hours about blogging and IG, photography and mamahood, so a kiddo-free trip to London for a grown up lunch filled with talk, talk, talk is most definitely on the cards.

I managed to snap a few photos of Polly and her gorgeous girl Elsie (Raff and Phiney were far too enthralled in exploring the Botanical Gardens together to get involved!) and Polly took some of me too, which are incredible and which I will cherish forever.

Making new friends when you get older is hard, but I've been lucky enough to find a brilliant group of like-minded and beautiful women since I became a mother. Connected through the highs and lows of parenting, all there to lend an ear and helpful advice whenever it's needed. And I'm so grateful for them all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the chubby knees! So adorable. Coralie's rockin ' the Godfather' in that top pic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seen this post lovely. So sweet of you. Can't wait for our next meet up already xxxx

    ReplyDelete