30.4.11

*

So I ended up getting totally immersed in Royal Wedding fun. Our trip to the park was lovely; the rain held off and along with a whole heap of other party goers, we waved our flags, cheered and clapped and even stood up for the national anthem. That was a first. All while eating cupcakes covered in Union Jacks and dressed in red, white and blue. I've gotta say, never felt so patriotic.

I thought Kate's Grace Kelly-esque dress was very beautiful, and how stunning did Pippa look too? Not forgetting the boys, Wills and Harry really did look like they'd stepped out of a Disney movie. That's how I explained the whole situation to our youngest nephew Coby, who was a bit confused about the whole thing. Tyler understood it more, but I still needed to point out which one was the Queen.

There were ice creams and picnic food, lots of smiles and plenty of fun. It was nice to witness a happy occasion on TV, complete with coy glances, whispered compliments and TWO kisses, rather than the dark times the world has had to deal with recently. So here's to the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I hope they live happily ever after.

5 comments:

  1. how stunning did she look? it must have been so exciting to be at the park with all the party goers!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought she looked gorgeous! My friends and I just kept squeeling with excitement. Would have loved to have been in England for the big day, us Aussies gave it our best shot though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how amazing it must be over there at the moment!
    The atmosphere would be out of this world!
    Loved everything about the Royal Wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, you're right...it is nice to have a little bit of fun and love in the midst of everything going on in the world today. I love your take on it! The photos are too cute, too! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so captivated by the whole event. So many things were just stunning and wonderful how could you not love it?? Wish I had been at the park with you - looks like you had the most fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete